Have you ever accidentally knocked over an open bottle of nail polish while painting your nails or perhaps your kid accidentally knocked it over while playing, well here is a great solution for removing those nail polish stains from your upholstery or any other fabric.
- Take the nail polish stained piece of fabric and place the stain face down on a couple sheets of paper towel.
Blot the fabric with acetone, it should transfer the nail polish onto the paper towel.
* Be sure to check first if your upholstery contains acetate, silk, wool or rayon, if it does do not use this trick as acetone is well known for melting acetate, silk, wool and rayon fibers.
- Rinse the stained area with cool water.
* If the nail polish stain is still there, repeat the above two steps using a new clean piece of paper towel.
- Pre treat the stain with a Laundry Stain Remover then wash it normally.
* If you are not sure what an acetone is, it is a chemical used in nail polish remover but be sure to read your bottle of nail polish remover first as they do sell some that do not contain any acetone.