We have all accidentally spilled our alcoholic beverage and ended up staining one of our upholsteries, it doesn’t matter if it was one of the couch pillows covers, the couch itself or maybe even a table cloth, it still can be quite a headache to remove especially if it is a glass of red wine, darker colored alcohol such as bourbon, tequila or dark rum or a colorful mixed cocktail.
Here is a great Cleaning Tip to help remove that alcohol stain:
- Let the stained fabric soak in cool water for about a half hour.
- Use a laundry stain remover to pretreat the stain.
- Wash the stained fabric using the hottest water pre-set your washing machine offers.
Be sure to use Bleach or Color Safe Bleach to help fight the stain.
- If the stain is still semi-visible after the wash, throw it back into the washing machine and give it a second wash before drying.
* The darker the alcohol beverage is the longer you may need to presoak / pretreat the stain.
* Many Alcoholic beverages contain mixers that may produce stains that are more trouble than the average stain if you can not get rid of that pesky stain give the experts at Zen Carpet Cleaning a call at 604 674 9367.