Cleaning the stains and spots on your carpet can be a very big challenge for many homeowners. It is really tough to do this yet it is very important if you want to preserve the way that your carpet looks.
Stains on the carpet happen for a number of reasons but the main issues that homeowners are dealing with come from food stains. Spilling food on the carpet can be a major pain so knowing how to clean it up properly is essential.
One kind of carpet cleaning problem that homeowners don’t want to face is getting spinach dip stains on their carpets. While spinach dip is delicious and healthy, it is never good on the carpet. To find out how to remedy this situation, follow the helpful tips below.
• Use a spoon to slowly scoop up the spilled spinach dip on the carpet. Doing this right away can help you prevent it from penetrating your carpet deeper. It will also make it easy for you to clean up the mess completely.
• Get a cotton ball and pour some isopropyl rubbing alcohol on it. Dab the spinach dip stains on your carpet using this a couple of times to help make the stain lighter and easier to get rid of.
• Mix one teaspoon of clear ammonia with one cup of warm water in order to produce a very potent cleaning solution for the stain on your carpet. Stir these ingredients together and then put it in an empty container and bring it to where the stain is located.
• Apply a small amount of the cleaning solution you prepared onto the stained area of the carpet. Let it sit there for about three minutes and then use a clean paper towel to blot the stain repeatedly. This is going to help make the stain lighter and lighter until soon it will be totally gone. Just remember that it may take a while before you start to see any result so it is imperative that you don’t give up and just keep at it until you remove the stain.
• To complete the procedure of removing the stain, rinse the place where the stain used to be with a glass of water. This is to flush out any residue that could cause a build-up on your carpet over time. Once you have done this, dry the entire area with a clean rag and you’re finally done cleaning up the stain completely.