How To Clean A Mattress – 7 Things To Do & 2 Things Not To Do:
1. Turn your mattress over by 180 degrees.
2. Remove any small stains with a solution mixture of a mild detergent mixed with water. Ensure you air dry the area before you make up the bed.
3. Use large thirsty towels in order to soak up any large liquid stains. Ensure you air dry the mattress outdoors or with a portable electric fan. Ensure the total surface of your mattress is thoroughly dry. This step is extremely important.
4. Use a special mattress cleaner making sure you follow the manufacturer’s instructions for any stubborn stains. Don’t forget to test a small part of the fabric first.
5. Take advantage of using a mattress cover. Mattress covers actually eliminate bed bugs from your bed!
6. Get in the habit of turning your mattress over every 3 months or so and do your very best to vacuum it.
7. Take advantage of a mattress protector in order to eliminate the need for extra mattress cleanings. As you can tell, it is a lot easier to clean a mattress protector than it is to clean a mattress. It makes life easier, that’s for sure.
2 Things Not To Do When Cleaning A Mattress:
1. Never ever use any type of dry cleaning solutions when cleaning your mattress.
2. Avoid the use of baking soda on a wet mattress because it will begin to form a paste which can be quite difficult to clean up.